Hawaiian Dutch Hip Studio
This Hawaiian Dutch Hip Studio presents the iconic Dutch Hip Roof that keeps rain away from all of the walls. With 8 ft. walls and a steep pitch, there is over 11 ft. clearance from floor to ridge. The high roof and gable vents keep the radiant heat away from you on sunny days. The spotlight feature on this model is the graceful over-sized rafters with rounded tails supporting 4” fascia. This unit also includes a horizontal watertable trim at the base of the siding, ornamental door and window trim and vertical 1 x 6 vertical battens every 4 ft. and on the corners. The foundation framing is heavy duty 2x10s on the 10x16 and 12x12 units and 2x12 on the 12x16 studio. All have 3/4” tongue and groove supfloor. The door is a standard studio style door using 6” t hasps and 1x6 trim over plywood construction. Hasp is included. Floor plan and elevation drawings are prepared for each studio.
- Foundation block 4" x 7"x 7" termite blocks over 2" x 12" x 12" concrete blocks
- Termite protection: Termite pans. All material hibor treated
- Foundation posts: 4"x 4" posts required to set floor level
- Floor frame: 2x10, 16" o.c. on 10 wide, 2x12, 16” o.c. on 12 wide
- Sub floor: ¾" CDX tongue and groove plywood
- Wall Frame: 2x4 2’ o.c studs, single bottom plate and single top plate
- Roof Frame 2 x 8 trusses spaced 4 ft.
- Fascia: Rounded open tails, 4 x 4 fascia
- Eave: 24” open eaves
- Siding: 3/8" T-1-11
- Trim: 1x6 treated pine 48" o.c. battens
- Gables: 3/8" T-1-11
- Roof Deck: 2x4 at 24” centers
- Roofing: 26 ga. Kynar metal roofing available in red or light green
- Door: Site built plywood and 1x6 door with strap hinges and hasp
- Vents: 2 ea. 12 x 14”
- Windows: none
- Fasteners: 3 1/4" Hot dipped galvanized nails for all framing assembly, 2 1/2" Hot dipped galvanized ring shank nails for all plywood assembly.
Purchase order assumes forklift access to a clear site within one foot of level, includes set up and leveling excludes site work, painting, electrical, plumbing and interior finishes. Hand clearing of brush or excavation work not included in this purchase order.